50 Shades of Green

I have honestly given up counting the amount of days or weeks that Lockdown has commandeered. School is open, for some children, and when I am in I try to do as much outdoor learning as I can, and I know other staff use the outside as much as they can. This week I had the opportunity to have a long look around and it seems the great outdoors hasn't missed us at all!

The trees are full and vivid and the grass id full of daisies. Despite the dry April everything seems lush and vibrant and enjoying it's human free world!



 The wildlife garden is full of fifty shades of green, and the shrubs are aiming for head height! The Pond has allowed the willow to sprout and a few reeds have started to grow. The grass is growing long but isn't as patchy and the wildflowers are coming through.
The birds have cleared out all the feeders of course and the winds have demolished the bird hide roof!
So I need to do some shopping and some planning - there is wood for the hide to have a 'solid' roof, but with willow walls it's working out how to keep a roof up in the trees with no supporting walls that will take a bit of research!




The polytunnel has benefited from FOUND tools! As teachers use their time to rummage through cupboards and tidy hidden areas and here and there, squirrelled away, 'lost' after use, and harboured in a 'safe place', they found a plethora of tools for the children to use!

The willow tunnel has burst into life and the leaves are casting shade and looking healthy. This makes me happy because the whips shooting up to the sky will be brilliant for harvesting later in the year ready to plant and use elsewhere in the school!





The hedge that will edge the story trail when it emerges is growing well. 
Of the 280 trees from the Woodland Trust that we planted across the school grounds none so far seem to be withering away.
I know I have others to thank for a good watering during our warmest weather.
The few potted ones in our literacy garden are also thriving.
They could all do with a little TLC, which I hope now that Lockdown rules have altered means I can go along and administer more often!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indoor Forest School

Stormy weather

Outdoor Learning