Week 2 - Stuck at Home Diaries



It's not entirely accurate to say I'm in lockdown, I am a key worker, a member of school staff, and there is a rota, and there are responsibilities, and on occasion I do get to leave the house. I get straight in my car, drive straight to work, and there we try very hard to adhere to the 2 metre rule (adults are better at this than children!) and we nag everyone to wash their hands after every activity inside or out

We try to take the children out as much as we can as fresh air is much needed right now. It is a strange time for them and us, and I for one have never spent so much time within 4 walls before and am missing open spaces!

I have been into work this week and will go in if needed over the next couple of weeks. The children have worked hard since September to improve their outdoor areas, and I can take a small group out with me to help maintain a lot of what they have achieved so far. I also took the opportunity of being on site to complete the planting of baby trees and seedlings - I did do this alone, but that certainly meant I was working in isolation! It also worked as my exercise for that day

At home I've been revisiting my favourite book from Christmas 'The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse'

If you haven't read it I suggest you do!
The amazing creator Charlie Mackesy is on facebook and twitter if you'd like to follow him and see more of his words and art

I am lucky enough to have a garden so I will be escaping to that whenever I can and using the internet to find inspiration on ways to help the wildlife. Even in a very urban garden with a motorway 50 metres away I have foxes, squirrels, mice and many birds that I can try to help


And then I may need a bit of stretching to ease out the gardening aches - someone sent me this, not for me, but because they know in the past I have encourage children to do some yoga as a great way to stretch, a good way to calm down, and a perfect way to listen and just be. Share it with the little people in your life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indoor Forest School

Stormy weather

Outdoor Learning